Spring in Vancouver. It's a reminder of why it's a great place to live, when after being inundated by rain and dull skies, usually non-stop since sometime in early November, a day or two of liquid gold pouring from above rejuvenates the soil and the soul. Being forced to take time off work due to the Olympic traffic volume has an upside, so, even if I can't really afford to go anywhere, I can at least enjoy my patio and explore some neighbourhoods to which I rarely venture. I've busied myself planting some bright primulas to perk up the emerging-from-winter garden. Sadly my nurturing has come at the same time as my brother's best friend of 16 years, his dog Pepper, died. Too add to his grief, his best friend from high school lost his 18 year old daughter in a car accident 2 days later. He's there trying to console the family and probably still dealing with his own private grief. Thus I give life to my surroundings in a small attempt to counterbalance the cycle. Maybe the steak I have sizzling on the BBQ will take my mind off it all.
Yes, we BBQ all year long here, although it is dark outside right now!
Health and happiness to all in this (New) Year of the Tiger! Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Comments

  1. Lovely photo! Torture to look at. We just got 35 cm of snow yesterday:(
    Having fun watching the Olympics. Vancouver looks beautiful!
    Sorry to hear about S and his losses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment