September

"Pinch, punch, first of the month!"
My mother used to pinch and (softly) punch us in the arm whenever the first of a month rolled around.  The trick was to be the first to do it.  Nowadays my girls do it to me, only if I don't remember first..,




September always brings that excitement of the return to school.  For me growing up, it meant a new school each year.  New friends to make, new teachers, new ways to walk home, etc.  Being an army brat wasn't all that bad.  The drawback came at Grade ten, when I went into public school and stayed for three years.  I realized I knew some things really well, and had never heard of other things at all, so it was a catch up game for me - a real scramble.  Luckily I graduated with a reasonable love of learning, which continues to this day. 
Now as I prepare to go back to school as a staff member, I still get little twinges of excitement.  Who will my students be?  What will the new staff be like?  How awesome will our school trip be?  The grade 8 - 12 classes and staff are going to Malibu for 4 days on September 13.  Check it out at Malibu Club.

Comments