Halifax Market on cruise ship day

It's been a year since the new market opened on the waterfront in Halifax, so there are more merchants and better pedestrian flow through all the stalls.  Although it's open 7 days a week, not all the vendors are there each day.  The day I stopped in was a Tuesday.  One cruise ship had docked and I was fortunate enough to view the arrival and docking of a second from a terrific vantage point on the roof.  Despite it's bulk, the able captain was able to sidle it slowly and gracefully into its resting position.

It still staggers the mind that these mammoth structures don't sink, but then the miracle of flight still amazes me too.
Here are some other Halifax sights..,

a quirky little eatery,
A familiar presence in the harbour, Theodore Tugboat

and the house on Oakland Road that I once lived in.


My first daughter was born here and I've been returning for several summers to visit with friends in the neighbourhood.
Next up, a day along the South Shore.

Comments