Still on the go

I'm sitting in the dining room of a High School friend, drinking tea and embracing the ambiance that shared memories provide.  I drove up to Ottawa from Kingston last night, and will be heading to Fredericton tomorrow.
Back to my trip through the States..,
Before leaving Wyoming we headed on what I thought would be a short diversion, to 'see' the Devils' Tower.  You may recognize it from the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".
It took a good half an hour to get within range of a photograph.  We kept seeing it in the distance, then would loose sight of it around a bend and when we finally pulled over to take a picture I still had to use the zoom lens.  Oh, well.  The legend tells of children running to escape a bear.  They felt doomed as the bear got closer and were prepared to be eaten, when suddenly the ground rose up into the sky carrying them on the top and keeping them safe.  The bear clawed at the sides to no avail.  If you look closely, the 'scratching' can be seen.
Driving through the remainder of South Dakota was terribly dull.  I found the scenery to be rather bland compared with Wyoming. 
To be continued...

Comments