A bank of foggy cloud sits over the city this morning, but the view is still grand.   The temperature has been quite mild - I'm still able to wear shorts, although sometimes I do get strange looks. I certainly feel fit with all the walking up and down the hills.  Down into town and back up to the apartment. This is typical of the houses I pass by each day.


Grocery shopping tends to be done at the English Market - full of stalls selling fish, chicken, cheese, fruit, veg's and breads.  For other essentials, it's Marks and Spencer.  There is a butcher and a small grocery store just down the road in a small area called St. Luke's Cross.  It's little more than an intersection, but always busy.
I've figured out how all the appliances work.  My first attempt at a quiche was a sad affair and I had to sacrifice it to the bin. Even though I make them all the time at home, this one just wouldn't set. I guess I had the oven on the wrong setting, but since then, everything else has been fine. Last night I made delicious salmon and realized too late that I should have taken a picture of the meal laid out on the table like Shelagh does. Nevermind.
This is a fish and chip shop we tried a few weeks back - not cheap, but yummy! (One Euro is about equal to $1.45, but I just multiply the prices by one and a half for a quick estimate.)

Comments