I know, I know

I know I haven't kept up with my Blog as much as I should have been lately, so here's a little update.  My last weekend away was to Paris, which was a delightful eye-opener for me.  I had last visited when I was about 10 or 11 years old and was left with a very negative impression. Everything was dull and grey, the hotels were unappealing and the toilets even worse.  I am happy to say, however, that my opinion has changed.  Based in Montmartre, I was able to walk a great deal and explore some fine, though expensive, cuisine.  Everything in Europe seems to be expensive these days!  Here are some shots:






More on Paris later...

I left Ireland on December 10

and spent a few days visiting family in Kent, England, before returning to Canada on the 13th.  I spent a week in Toronto and was able to see Christina and catch Madi before she headed off to meet her sisters in Vancouver then depart for Laos and Vietnam.  I'm looking forward to hearing all about their adventures there.  On Christmas Day we were all able to Skype together, which was a real treat for me and especially Mum and Dad who don't often see technology like this in action.
Now that I'm hunkered down in a little two storey duplex apartment for the next several months, I've tried to make it more homey.  I picked up a scatter rug or two and a better reading light for the bedroom, with Christina's expert decorating eye and now feel more happily ensconced.  Next up, find employment, aargh!!

Comments