Can't Stop The Serenity


Last night a friend (new to Sci-fi) and I attended an small fundraising event to aid "Equality Now", founded by Joss Whedon. I throroughly enjoyed viewing "Dr. Horrible",  featuring Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day.  With the front row fans yelling out certain lines, I felt like I had stepped back into a viewing of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show"!! I bombed out in the Trivia contest about "Firefly", (never having watched it) and sat engrossed through "Serenity" until midnight, before walking back home in a surreal fog.., the weather, not me.   More about the annual event here:  http://www.cstshalifax.ca/about/


I remember the girls when they were younger, watching episodes of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", so much so, that the tv room was renamed he "Buffy Room".  If ever we were looking for one of the girls the other would say,"Check the Buffy Room".  The series of course was written by Joss Whedon, who went on to write the series, 'Firefly' and then the movie 'Serenity'.  I was surprised to discover that he and his brother, Jed, had also composed all the music and lyrics for 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog'.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227926/  What a talented family!

Comments