School's Out and Summer is Here!

June has brought sunshine and fine weather at long last. Winter and spring seemed to drag on endlessly this year, so like a diver with bursting lungs erupting at the water's surface, I find myself gulping in the delight of lilac scented air and revealing in the sensation of sun-kissed skin. Later today I'll join a friend  for a sail out the Northwest Arm and into a slip downtown where we can drink in the gentle cacophony of tourists and locals walking the boardwalk, and later sample some seafood and music al fresco.
My garden has erupted in the short week I was away in Toronto.



The lawn is in need of trimming, and there is weeding to be done; luckily the forecast for the next few days is favourable.
Toronto provided a lovely segue from the busy energy of my preschool classroom to the introduction of summer vacation. Madi was called to the Ontario Bar in a ceremony held at Roy Thomson Hall. Yes, I cried at the end when the entire class stood and applauded their parents/families. I am thrilled for her and how much she has achieved. Likewise, for Becca, whose first ceremony in Vancouver I missed, but imagined myself there. She will have another in September - things are done differently in BC- so I will have to be content with imagining it and emanating my pride from afar. Next week I'll be in Vancouver and will see Alex at long last! More to come.

Comments