Saturday. West coast weekend. The city is alive!!
I wandered over to Dunn's on Seymour to meet a special relative for lunch. http://www.dunnsfamousbc.com
Stevie is an adult autistic who LOVES to eat and this is one of his regular spots.  He ordered an 8 ounce medium/juicy cut smoked meat on rye with yellow mustard and a side of fries. Orange soda was served, as per usual, "with the meal".  In days gone by he was strictly a diet coke man, but I guess everyone has their moments of change. I tried the smoked meat grilled cheese and felt obliged to try a side order of latkes with sour cream; greasy and crispy. Mmmm.
After lunch, I wandered along Granville St, which had been closed to traffic for two blocks for
Celticfest. There were vendors and music and I spotted these dancers/gymnasts with beige body skins, which made them appear naked. The blue hair was a real visual grab.
Yesterday was a day to wander through Chinatown and Gastown.



A slice of Flying wedge pizza at the library kept me going until dinner. The "wedgie" of the day featured tomatoes, cheese, onion, honey, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and pepitas. I ate half of it before I remembered to take a photo, oops!

Last night a friend and I attended a concert at St. Andrew's Wesley Church featuring the Vancouver Welsh Men's Choir, the De Danaan Irish dancers, piper Tim Fanning and Ballyhooley.... all very enjoyable!!

Looking forward to more adventures.......






Comments