Another "Yes" event.....

Great fun the other night at the Old Triangle for Robbie Burns night. Sat at the bar with Janet and nibbled on Irish nachos while a kilted fellow piped in the Haggis. I videoed his "speech", but it seems the file was too large to load.

The multiple-stabbed Haggis was carried away and soon returned in sample dishes for us to try.  Janet's keen palate praised the balance of meats and spices and we were surprised to discover it was made on site!





Then for the most surprising treat of the evening - music by Richard Wood and Gordon Belsher, which kept us toe tapping and knee slapping for the rest of the night!



Janet had heard of him and said he was a prodigious fiddler from PEI, who garnered accolades at a young age.  Today I searched youtube for some clips and the delight at hearing him (and Gordon) play came flooding back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCMzR3prp1M

Last weekend, Shelagh and I attended a rally primarily in support of women and the LGBT community. It was held almost simultaneously around the world,  in response to Trump's election as US President and the negative comments he has been making.


I felt that it was important to be there in person to show my support.

Friday evening I joined a few friends and went along to the Art Bar to celebrate their one year anniversary. It was also the 130th anniversary of the founding of the NS College of Art and Design, locally known as Nascad. We enjoyed plenty of delicious hors d'oeuvres prepared by the chef at Armview Restaurant as we listened to a performance by the G.L.A.M. Bats, seen here in a rosy glow;

Mitchell's marvellous make-up isn't evident here, but you can just make out the double strand of pearls around his neck adding to the campy nature of the gig! He mainly paints large colourful abstract images, but has branched out into performance art/music as well. 


This past weekend I ventured out to a favourite hike with my friend, Ashley and her black lab, Huxley. The wind was brisk blowing off the ocean, but it felt great to clamber along the rocky shore. There is so much beauty in this part of the country......

the hike follows the coast around into the village of Herring Cove, seen below. 


Yesterday, I went for a walk along the Northwest Arm, practically outside my door, and past the Dingle Tower in Fleming Park into the Frog Pond trail where I passed this amazing gnarled 'creature'.

 I could almost hear a troll murmuring beneath the roots amid the humus.
This waterfall speaks of a very rainy few days last week.

And now I must leave you so that I can finish preparing tutoring lessons for the upcoming week.
A fresh cup of tea beckons.
Until next time....xo




Comments